Conventions provide you with a favorable time as you obtain a good opportunity of getting together with the other business owners, consultants, vendors and professionals in the field. Hence, one should go for the business convention planning. Setting up a successful meeting, convention or trade show requires reliable, wide-ranging information that will let the decision-maker to weigh up all the facts before he take a lead on his last preference.
In order to get the most out of your business convention, adhere to these guidelines –
- Provide the name and address of the person who will be responsible for planning this meeting. Estimate the number of persons expected to attend this event. This information is critical in planning sufficient space.
- Take a look on an agenda much in advance. Make a decision of attending the workshops and plenary sessions only after weighing all the pros and cons of each alternative. You can also hand over this task of attending the workshop sessions to your colleagues who are traveling with you.
- Bring business cards in a liberal amount and don't be hesitant in giving-out them. Do the honor of introducing yourself and develop a set of connections wherever you can and get the hold of a full list of attendees, as well as the company's name, phone number, and e-mail address too.
- You can make use of the most diverse media – Advertisement and press bulletins in the trade journals of the target group, regional press; press conference, trade fairs, internet, directories of events, mailings, banners and posters.
- Being a party-animal can be very beneficial as it is an effective way to make a contact. So do hit upon the parties.
- By means of gathering business cards, you can maintain a record of the contacts made by you at each convention.