In the advertising world there are two main categories, you could say advertising is split in 2 – the two different types are Business to Consumer and Business to Business. In this article I will write a bit about both types and some of the companies that offer these services:
Business to Consumer
This side of advertising is for companies that wish to offer their products or services to the general public and not necessarily to other businesses. A good example of this is general high street shops, they all offer products that anyone off the street can come in and purchase. In an advertising sense here are some companies that offer advertising for Business to Consumer:
- Yell.com – This is one of the larger companies offering this service, they offer advertising for pretty much any industry sector. You will be able to find services like Plumbers, Food Restaurants and Takeaways, Toy Shops etc.
- Plumber Marketing – This one specialises in plumbers, if you are looking for plumbers this would be a very good place to go.
Business to Business
This differs because of the target audience. This is much more specialized and is aimed for companies to advertise their products or services that are for other companies to use or buy. If you offer something that is designed for use by other companies this is the advertising that you should look in to. Here are some companies that offer Business to Business Advertising:
- Businessmagnet Ltd – One of the leading directories available
- Applegate – Well known and been around for some time
- Kellysearch – Probably the longest running, however becoming dated and not used so much
There are a lot of other companies offering both services, feel free to look around.