Dog raincoats are already considered a necessity for your pet. Your pet's fur alone can not protect her from snowy winter cold or from the rainy days. Like people, they also get chills and easily catch sniffles when exposed to a cold climate.
Buying a raincoat is not just simply picking out the first coat you have seen in the pet store. You have to make a certain considerations so you will get the right choice.
Here are some criteria that you should include in choosing a dog raincoat:
1. Size. It is important to buy dog clothe that is of the right fit. Too tight or too loose raincoat will make your pet uncomfortable and may even predispose him a health threat. He will find it difficult to breathe if it is too tight. He may also accidently step on the loose portion of the coat which may cause him to stumble down and will injure his delicate paws.
2. Material. The coat must be made of waterproof materials. The purpose of buying a raincoat is to keep your pet dry to prevent him from getting chills and catching cold.
3. Cost. Raincoats need not be expensive. You can find affordable items from several pet stores and even from the web. There are coats that are cheaper but are generally of the same quality as the expensive ones. You must scrutinize the items correctly.
4. Color. You can make your choices from different colors. You must choose the color that matches your pet's hair. Of course, you also want him to look good away from being protected.
5. Style and design. You should choose something that looks good on your pooch. Because dog apparels has now become a fashion, there are already several styles and designs you can choose from. Of course, your dog's outfit must also match his personality.
The above criteria will help you get your money's worth if you will just follow them in choosing the right dog raincoats for your pets.