Have you noticed spirit lacking in your school? For cheerleaders or anyone who wants to increase school spirit, here are some ideas:
1. On Game Days, Have Everyone Wear Your School Colors. Have the morning announcements remind everyone the day before a game to wear the schools colors. Have your group of friends participate every week and get creative!
2. Decorate the players lockers. On game day, nothing will get the players pumped up more than to walk into school and see their lockers decorated. Even if your players don’t use their lockers, this gives the school the look and feel of having school spirit. Continue to do it for every sport and the players will love the recognition and become accustomed to it, that they would be upset if it didn’t happen before every game.
3. Paint enthusiastic posters before every game and put them up around school. Not only does this build up your school teams, but this also gets the student body pumped up for a game. It also reminds them of the game, therefore bumping up attendance at games.
4. Have weekly mandatory pep rallies. Most schools has scheduled pep rallies for special games only. Having pep rallies every week brings the entire student body together and recognizes every sport. Get everyone involved and have the students put together and run the pep rallies. This not only creates school spirit but is also a fun excuse to get out of class early.
5. Have school wide tailgate party before games. This brings together the students and parents. Have everyone bring food and have clubs supply soda and water. Make sure the cheerleaders and the team who is playing are there before they warm up for the game. Have someone announce them and make it fun! There are a lot of ways to make a tailgate party memorable and worth going to every week!
These are only some ideas on how to build school spirit, but they are the most important ones and should boost school spirit fast and efficiently!