The World's Bestselling AutoCAD Resource Fully Updated for 2008.There's a reason why Mastering AutoCAD is so popular year after year. Loaded with concise explanations, step-by-step instructions, and hands-on projects, this comprehensive reference and tutorial from award-winning author George Omura has everything you need to become an AutoCAD expert.
If you're new to AutoCAD, the tutorials will help you build your skills right away. If you're an AutoCAD veteran, Omura's in-depth statements of the latest and most advanced features, including the exciting annotation, notes, and layer properties features, will turn you into an AutoCAD pro. Whatever your experience level and however you use AutoCAD, you'll refer to this indicative reference again and again.
* Creating and developing AutoCAD drawings
* Drawing curves and applying solid fills
* Effectively using hatches, fields, and tables
* Manipulating dynamic blocks and attributes
* Linking drawings to databases and spreadsheets
* Rendering realistic interior views with natural lighting
* Giving a hand-drawn look to 3D views
* Presenting 3D models with cutaway and x-ray views
* Making spiral forms with the Helix and Sweep tools
* Exploring your model in real time with the Walk and Fly tools
* Adding hyperlinks to drawings
* Converting multiple layer settings and other layer translator options
* Master the New Text and Table Features
* Explore the Layer Manager Enhancements
* Annotate, Secure, and Authenticate Files
* Track Your Projects with the Sheet Set Manager
* Publish Drawings over the Internet and eTransmit Your Files
* Customize the New Dashboard and Control Panel
Autodesk has released both AutoCAD 2008 and AutoCAD LT 2008 simultaneously. Not surprisingly, they're almost identical in the way they look and work. You can share files between the two programs with complete confidence that you will not lose data or corrupt files. The main differences are that LT does not support all the 3D functions of AutoCAD 2008, nor does it support the customization tools of AutoLISP and VBA. But LT still has plenty to offer in both the productivity and customization areas.